by Samantha Weinberg
The Innocent Man
by John Grisham
The Big Eddy Club
by David Rose
"Silent Witness/ Innocence Lost"
First aired in September 2003 <top>
Body Fluid Identification and Mock Case Scenario tests are now available which can be shipped upon demand or per an arranged schedule. Data Base proficiencies will also be offered off-the shelf.
- Allows analysts unable to fit into the regular schedule to still obtain a proficiency.
- Each test is unique. Supervisors, subordinates or multiple analysts in a lab can each take a different test.
- Proficiency testing workloads can be spread over a six or twelve month period so that fewer analysts are taking a proficiency at the same time.
- The normal eight weeks will be allowed for the analyst to return results. The Individual Report will be issued shortly after SERI receives the data.
- Because each test is unique, no consensus report is necessary. The proficiency can be completed in much shorter time than usual if required.
- Proficiencies can be used for qualifying tests because the answers will be immediately available.
* Quantities will be limited in 2007. <top>
This position involves DNA analysis casework and client consultation. Some courtroom testimony may be required depending on experience. Assistance with research and special projects may be requested as needed.
Minimum requirements are a Bachelor of Science degree and two or more years experience in Criminalistics or Forensic Biology. ABC certification in Criminalistics within two years of employment is required. Analysts performing DNA casework will be required to meet current DAB guidelines for experience and other qualifications.
Assistant Forensic Serologist
An entry level position to develop proficiency in the screening and characterization of biological evidence. Responsibilities include evidence handling and examination, identification of body fluids using basic serology methods, DNA extraction, quantitation, amplification and analysis.
Minimum requirements are a Bachelorís degree in a natural science (Biology, Chemistry or Criminalistics) or experience in a forensic-related field with successful completion of course work in biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology. Practical laboratory experience is required.
Internships are available to students. Please contact Brian Wraxall.
Candidates for all positions will be subject to a background check. Mail your resume or curriculum vitae to:
Serological Research Institute
3053 Research Drive
Richmond, CA 94806-5206
SERI provides Basic and Advanced Forensic Biology training courses to individuals from public and private agencies. Courses are taught at SERI. The Basic course covers evidence examination techniques, presumptive and confirmatory test procedures for the identification of body fluids. The Advanced course includes evaluation and extraction of DNA for STR analysis.
For price and scheduling, please contact Brian Wraxall.